Thursday, December 4, 2008

Why Does This Blog Have Ads?

Since this site is also an instructional tool for my students, it does have a few advertisements. I encourage my students to start their own blogs and set them up to potentially make a profit and therefore, I provide a few examples of ways that you can monetize a blog, such as:
  • PayPerPost – This is a service through which advertisers pay bloggers to blog about their products or services. Many of my students enquire about paid blogging opportunities. Since PayPerPost is the oldest and best known, I’ve included links to this site on this blog so my students can easily register.
  • Amazon Associates – Affiliate programs pay bloggers (or other web site owners) when they send people to another site and the people they send end up purchasing a product or service. Amazon Associates is a well-established affiliate program that is free to join and very easy to set up. When you place links to Amazon on your site through the Amazon Associates program, you are paid a commission when your blog readers follow those links and purchase products on Amazon.com. Many of my students join Amazon Associates and feature these links on their blogs.

No comments: