Thursday, December 4, 2008

What is the Digg This Story Button?

Digg is a site that encourages the community (Digg members) to vote for (votes are called Diggs) content that they find on the Internet. If a particular piece of content (whether it be a blog post or a video) gets enough Diggs, it is shown on the front page of the Digg site. Since millions of people visit Digg every day to look for new and interesting sources of information, having your content added to Digg by Digg community members can increase your visibility on the Internet.

Since successful blogs depend on garnering many readers, it is a good idea to make it easy for people to Digg your blog posts. Therefore, I place a Digg This Story button after every blog post to make it easy for my readers to submit my blog posts to Digg. If you find one of my posts particularly useful, I encourage you to submit it to Digg. This will help spread the word to other potential readers.

No comments: