Thursday, December 4, 2008

Purpose of This Blog

This blog is designed for instructors who are teaching computer literacy courses, Microsoft Office courses, or other courses where computer technology, the Internet, and software are covered as part of the curriculum.

I’ve been teaching technology courses since May 2000 at the collegiate level and I am constantly researching technology topics to provide a basis for discussions, homework, projects, or hands-on lab exercises for my students. This blog is designed to share the results of my research. I hope you find the topics that I cover here useful for your courses.

As technology is constantly changing, I encourage my students to perform research on new and emerging technologies as part of their grade in my courses. I also encourage students to use Web 2.0 tools such as blogs, social networks, and wikis to enable them to practice their writing skills, as well as to familiarize them with cutting edge tools that they can use when they enter the business world. A secondary objective of this blog is to provide an example to my students of ways to utilize Web 2.0 technologies. If you are a student, I hope you will find the topics discussed here relevant to your course work.

Please leave appropriate comments on the blog entries as I love to exchange ideas with other instructors and students. The comments to this blog are moderated so your comments will not be immediately visible on the blog.